“Communism succeeds because the people promoting it are not communists. They are the Useful Idiots” (James Simpson). The term “useful idiot” was the “attitude held by Vladimir Lenin towards communist sympathizers in America. While Lenin and the Soviets held them in utter contempt they also viewed them as tools for dispensing communist propaganda to other countries, thus infecting foreign cultures with their totalitarian tripe. After their mission was complete, they were no longer ‘useful.'” (Urban Dictionary)
In today’s America, the useful idiots are mainly found among elite white liberals and our indoctrinated youth on college campuses. James Lindsay said the following in an interview on The Rubin Report about how the well-meaning spread these toxic ideologies that poison our society:
“These people who are rationalizing this…they make this radical ideology seem safe and acceptable to normal people who read outlets like New York Magazine or the New York Times or The Atlantic…some do it probably willfully, and they are genuinely ‘crypto-woke,’ and then other people do it just not realizing, I think the mentality is…’they can’t really mean what it actually says.'”
You can watch the whole interview with James Lindsay here:
But, in reality, aren’t we all the useful idiots because of our complicity and ignorance? The radical woke activists have been more willing to enact their evil agenda than we do to educate ourselves and resist it. Hence, we’ve been the like frogs slowly cooked in the proverbial kettle for over 60 years.
For instance, we did nothing to stop it decades ago when we capitulated to the idea of political correctness, not realizing this is a tactic of repressive Socialist dictators:
“The notion of political correctness came into use among Communists in the 1930s as a semi-humorous reminder that the Party’s interest is to be treated as a reality that ranks above reality itself,” writes Codevilla, Professor Emeritus of International Relations at Boston University. (Article found here)
W. Cleon Skousen, a former FBI employee, wrote an expose in 1958 on the insidious goals of communism in America titled, “The Naked Communist.” (Read the book here).
In it, Skousen laid out 45 goals of the Communist party to destroy America. (You can read all 45 here.) I will just list a few below. See if you recognize any of them.
15. Capture one or both of the political parties in the U.S.
16. Use technical decisions of the courts to weaken basic American institutions, by claiming their activities violate civil rights.
17. Get control of the schools. Use them as transmission belts for Socialism and current Communist propaganda. Soften the curriculum. Get control of teachers associations. Put the party line in textbooks.
19. Use student riots to foment public protests against programs or organizations that are under Communist attack.
20. Infiltrate the press. Get control of book review assignments, editorial writing, policy-making positions.
21. Gain control of key positions in radio, TV & motion pictures.
24. Eliminate all laws governing obscenity by calling them “censorship” and a violation of free speech and free press.
25. Break down cultural standards of morality by promoting pornography and obscenity in books, magazines, motion pictures, radio and TV.
27. Infiltrate the churches and replace revealed religion with “social” religion. Discredit the Bible and emphasize the need for intellectual maturity, which does not need a “religious crutch.”
28. Eliminate prayer or any phase of religious expression in the schools on the grounds that it violates the principle of “separation of church and state”
29. Discredit the American Constitution by calling it inadequate, old fashioned, out of step with modern needs, a hindrance to cooperation between nations on a worldwide basis.
30. Discredit the American founding fathers. Present them as selfish aristocrats who had no concern for the “common man.”
31. Belittle all forms of American culture and discourage the teaching of American history on the ground that it was only a minor part of “the big picture.”
32. Support any socialist movement to give centralized control over any part of the culture – education, social agencies, welfare programs, mental health clinics, etc.
36. Infiltrate and gain control of more unions.
37. Infiltrate and gain control of big business.
38. Transfer some of the powers of arrest from the police to social agencies.
40. Discredit the family as an institution. Encourage promiscuity and easy divorce.
41. Emphasize the need to raise children away from the negative influence of parents. Attribute prejudices, mental blocks and retarding of children to suppressive influence of parents.
42. Create the impression that violence and insurrection are legitimate aspects of the American tradition; that students and special interest groups should rise up and make a “united force” to solve economic, political or social problems.
It doesn’t take much effort to see that, in spite of the collapse of the Soviet Union, these goals have been accomplished and are very much in effect in the U.S. today.
Now, before the skeptic writes this off as right-wing conspiracy theory, these goals were presented before Congress in the House of Representatives on January 10, 1963.
My advice is that we all stop being so “useful” to these neo-Marxist ideologues who are nothing more than grifters who hate God and seek to destroy America under the pretense of race, gender, or class. We need to first educate ourselves to the facts, and then help others come out of the fog of their ignorance about this insidious and poisonous ideology.
“I wish to avenge myself against the One who rules above …”
“The idea of God is the keynote of a perverted civilization. It must be destroyed.” (Karl Marx)
“Aiming at implaccable revolution, the revolutionary may and frequently must live within society while pretending to be completely different from what he really is, for he must penetrate everywhere, into all the higher and middle-classes, in the houses of commerce, the churches, and the palaces of aristocracy, and into the worlds of bureaucracy and literature and the military…” (Antonio Gramsci, Prison Notebooks)
Amen, Mel. Well said.
Several years ago I realized I had made the mistake of not understanding how easily deceived we are, easily misled as a people. We really are by nature, followers. So we are all useful idiots. The trick is to know Whose idiot you are, and to throw yourself into Him wholeheartedly. God makes Himself known to us, He is trustworthy, and His agenda is really transparent, too. So since you are going to be a useful idiot anyway, choose a good leader, the very best One.
This trajectory we are on really has only One solution. You can’t stop being a useful idiot if you aren’t even aware you are one. You can’t really argue or reason people out of their idiocy with facts and education or politics. It probably doesn’t hurt, it’s just that they are mostly being lead by their heart and emotions, by their psychology. Or by their addictions, as is the case for most of antifa.
“The trick is to know Whose idiot you are, and to throw yourself into Him wholeheartedly. God makes Himself known to us, He is trustworthy, and His agenda is really transparent, too. So since you are going to be a useful idiot anyway, choose a good leader, the very best One.”
Very good point, IB. What we are seeing in our society today is a crisis of authenticity. We have the virtue-signaling left (with the cooperation of crony politicians) and we have Jesus on the opposite side, showing us how to live authentically, genuinely. This was the stark contrast between Jesus and the religious leaders (and Roman authorities) of His day. When we “throw ourselves wholeheartedly with Jesus, His Spirit transforms us into authentic and genuine human beings.
I would agree with the futility of arguing with woke zealots on the basis of facts. Faith is a heart issue, even if you put your faith in these woke grifters. We must appeal to the moral issues of Socialism and neo-Marxism, not just the evidence of its perpetual failure as a socioeconomic system.
Pingback: “Useful Idiots?” | See, there's this thing called biology...
SObering article; this is truth that we need not only as a nation but also beware in churches where some of these woke propaganda has made inroads especially wtih campus ministries
Yes, it is troubling how this has infiltrated the church. Of course, that was the neo-Marxist’s plans for the last 50 years.