Each Monday, I give a brief overview of a chapter from my book, followed by a series of questions. I invite you to respond to some or all of these questions, or give additional comments on the chapter that my questions don’t address. My only rules are that you’ve actually read the chapter and that your answers are brief. Okay, off we go!
Chapter Five: Love Shift
We’re now right in the middle of the book about the Father’s love, so it’s appropriate that this chapter is about love! Or, should I say…love shift. One of the premises of the book is that God is kissing His Bride, Sleeping Beauty, awake with true love’s kiss. Here’s a good summation of what Love Shift is about:
“Therefore, the Love Shift we are to make is going from knowing that we’re supposed to love God to knowing we are loved by Him. It’s living in an awareness of the Father’s affections and simply reciprocating His love.” (p. 116, Kindle loc. 1893)
- The author talks about letting God’s perception of us occupy our affections. How might this transform our heart?
- Why do you think it’s important to know how much God loves and value you?
- Why is it important for us to know that God’s love has no conditions?
- Why is having free will required for love? What risk does God take in giving us free will?
- The author says that in the parables of the treasure and the pearl of great price (Matt.13:44-46), God is our treasure and we are His pearl of great price. What does this say about the nature of our relationship? Why is this important to our life in Christ?
If these questions didn’t address something you think is important, please add it in your comments. If you would like to make any comments offline, please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org. Thank you!
Now, it’s your turn!